The Burdekin Community Information Centre (CIC) is centrally located at 119 Queen Street, Ayr, almost opposite The Support Centre, providing a helpful information service to locals and visitors to the district.
Opening hours - 10am to 4pm, Monday to Friday.
Staffed entirely by local volunteers, the CIC provides pamphlets, location detail, information from the internet and any other relevant contact details on a range of topics including:
- Hotel and Motel accommodation
- Backpackers accommodation
- Caravan Parks
- Permanent residential accommodation
- Road information
- Maps and Directions
- Local attractions and sightseeing
- Local entertainment and amusements
- Sporting activities
- Local events
- Government services
- Medical and Hospital inquiries
- Community service providers
- Child care facilities
- Lawn Mowing services
- Local Transport
- Trades services
- Local industry - particularly sugar cane and district sugar mills, and how and when to see a cane fire.
To become a volunteer or to have your service or business publicized at the Burdekin Community Information Centre, phone Rita Quagliata at the BCA - 4783 3744 or email Rita on the email address below.